Before there was the Apple II, there was the Apple-1. Though only a few dozen are known to still exist, this first product from Apple Computer Inc. had a profound effect on the history of personal computing. This 15-page PDF looks at the various clones and replicas that exist, including Vince Briel’s Replica 1 and Replica 1 Ten, Mike Willegal’s Brain Board, and the Tom Owad’s book, Back to the Garage. Finally, Kevin Savetz reports from the inaugural Vintage Computer Festival Pacific Northwest at Seattle’s Living Computer Museum, where the Apple-1 made an appearance.
This content was originally published in Juiced.GS:
- Volume 13, Issue 3 (September 2008)
- Volume 14, Issue 2 (June 2009)
- Volume 16, Issue 3 (September 2011)
- Volume 18, Issue 4 (December 2013)
- Volume 22, Issue 4 (December 2017)