Bulletin board systems saw their heyday before the Internet, but they’re still going strong thanks to adapting to new software and hardware. This 23-page PDF looks at the history of BBSs through a review of BBS: The Documentary and an interview with its director, Jason Scott. Mike Whalen then demonstrates how to use an Apple II to “dial” into a BBS via telnet, host a telnet, or use the WiModem232 to achieve wireless dial-up capacity. Kelvin Sherlock also takes us behind the scenes of how he ported ProLine to the cloud, running a BBS off Amazon’s servers.
This content was originally published in Juiced.GS:
- Volume 11, Issue 1 (March 2006)
- Volume 11, Issue 4 (December 2006)
- Volume 22, Issue 1 (March 2017)
- Volume 22, Issue 2 (June 2017)
- Volume 22, Issue 4 (December 2017)
- Volume 23, Issue 1 (March 2018)
This PDF references free software that is included with your purchase and is also available separately.