The Oregon Trail: that historical journey undertaken by our early pioneers — and countless students. Apple II users who grew up on this early edutainment title from MECC will be delighted to discover it’s still alive and well in the form of plays, card games, and new academic lessons. This 9-page PDF includes reviews of Bekah Brunstetter’s dramatic stage adaptation, Pressman Games’ card game, and Basic Fun’s electronic handheld game. Melissa Barron also takes us behind the scenes of her hack, 0r3g0n 7r41L, and Kate Szkotnicki reflects on introducing her students to this classic game.
This content was originally published in Juiced.GS:
- Volume 16, Issue 2 (June 2011)
- Volume 21, Issue 1 (March 2016)
- Volume 21, Issue 3 (September 2016)
- Volume 21, Issue 4 (December 2016)
- Volume 23, Issue 1 (March 2018)